Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ma-Maw

The way you said my name in the stretched out compound word way of the south. The way you mixed cereals together and talked with your mouth full. The way you hauled me off to sunday school and never saw the dark sullen clouds above me..the festering sin...no, I was always your sweet grand-daughter. The way I will always have a soft spot for ladies who have to take 100 pictures of the buffet or can't stop talking during a movie. The way you'd refer to your hammer-toe as "oohh..look at my poor little toe!" and the way you never threw any food out until it was dripping with mold. The way I've missed so many opportunities to see you these last few years.. the letters not written, calls not made.
and more.
this is killing me.
Dearest woman, please be okay.
Please keep your legs.
Please don't go.
not yet
not yet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home