Thursday, August 03, 2006

In the dark there shadows everywhere..

...eating our sleep.

Everywhere there are people. Stretching limbs, yawning, sulking into bowls of soup or cereal, ruminating over wine and the stink of a good cigarette, holding cold pistols in one hand as they stare off a roof and pledge themselves to some whisper of theology..every bullet says "now now now" and they are always bumping in and out of love, these people...people everywhere dragging novels behind them searching for the slip of comfort found in a blanket or cup of coffee and every little peiece is a bit of a larger thing, every little fish is a tyrant of the sea...they want to fill the void they want to fill the empty spaces..
I just want to be alone. Clean, pristine.. wash the sweat of humanity off of me good fucking god.
Atlanta swims in me, Wyoming pulls my teeth, old lovers howl from their cages, past sins pucker the skin, family shakes my tiny shoulders with their sorrows I can only voicelessly gape at the gore that suffering exacts, life pulls and breathes and grabs by the neck to stick in the back, the death the rotting death of loved ones always coming again to dig coffin nails into the heart of the living the sobbing living..they all come to me with their demands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home