Sunday, June 25, 2006

Tell me what song runs between my ears...and I'll give you a baby bird

It is not the fact
that you remembered my birthday...
or that you remembered every curve of me.
This dress fits me perfectly
never have my eyesmouthskinhairtoescollarbonehands
looked more lovely
than when I put on this dress
this smile
this laugh
and stepped lightly into the swallowing yellow of an angel's sun
swinging a bag of books at my side like a twelve-year old version of myself
and whistling
forgetting that I can't whistle.
It is the fact
that nothing can tug a frown out of a girl
in a dress such as this
because she is loved
and she is missed.

thank you.

3 Comments:

Blogger markmatthias said...

Did I not guess this song? Were you actually thinking of a song, or is this some sneaky poet trick to get me to make a mixed cd? I thought that it might also be Jean Grae, but I put on Supa Love on the last one.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Human said...

M-
What? What the hell are you talking about?

10:04 PM  
Blogger markmatthias said...

I ain't trying to hear all taht woman! I ain't trying to sell my soul! Read the title of your blog and then send me question marks.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home