Wednesday, May 31, 2006

a spatter of blood on the snowy sugared bank of a wedding cake

I would like to take a photo of that. The wedding party in the background with blurred, horrified faces. heh. that would be cool.

Well..

My best friend used to be a unicorn
but I took away her golden horn
because all I used to say was:
"Move, I think you're in my way".

I am tired of being an asshole. What the fuck happened to me? These days my eyes just can't stop rolling in the rudest way. People are like cardboard cut-outs. The other night I ran into a friend at a bar and was so happy to see her there, to be able to escape the company I was currently keeping and talk to her instead, I felt like I was STARVING for authentic interesting coversation.
Maybe it's the birthday coming up. Maybe it's the fact that I've been walking the highwire of my mind coated in vaseline... and sleep hardly hands me a veiled wink these days. Eyes are pickled in a brine of bitch and whine... it would seem I am in a "Funk" but without all the fun of george clinton and brightly colored dreadlocks.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates T.V.
I need a smidgeon of religion in my laugh track.
This is SITcom
we are always ON
and look life-like as long
as you have earplugs and cataracts

Oh well. I'm about to take my hissing cynic self out into the dishwater night to get so drunk I will piss under streetlight.
(that sentence looks fun to say, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home