Monday, March 06, 2006

Roe vs. Wade/South Dakota

...that mantra, that prayer, that security blanket of all free women...is being unraveled and I am tired of pretending that the disintegration of the rights of others is not a valid threat to my own rights...I am tired of ignoring the fact that I am terrified.

"where does the bank president drink his martini? Where do those who squeeze the juice from the land till it blows red dust in your eye hang out on a Saturday night?
It is easy to kick my dog, my child, my lover, the woman across the desk. People burning their lives away for pennies pile up in neighborhoods like rusting car bodies.
Why not stroll to the corner yacht club and invite the chairman of the board to settle it with his fists?"
-Marge Piercy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you. beautiful, brilliant you. I am so smitten. Alas, you are seeing some other boy today. Forgive me, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll turn out to be less than wonderfull. Maybe then I'll have a real shot. See you at the show. Call me and I'll guest-list ya.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home