Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mountain Moving Day

The mountain moving day is coming
I say so yet others doubt it
Only a while the mountain sleeps
In the past all mountains moved in fire
Yet you may not believe it
O man this alone believe
All sleeping women now awake and move

by Yosano Akiko1913


There are days when I forget. There I am, walking along...thinking about a book or worrying about bills or wondering how the hell I'm going to get some pirated music software working...
then:
Someone refers to a girl as a slut, some car slows down and men hang out of windows, a man can barely contain his anger at me in a bar because I tell him to leave my friends and I alone and I realize that if we were not in a crowded place I would be forced to fight him for my life, I see a movie where yet again a woman character is raped/molested/beaten/etc where we the audience understand that here is a depiction of something that happens all the time..every few minutes and oh isn't it terrible but here just turn off the TV and poof it is gone, I find out some guy that used to harrass me at work at my old job apparently fabricated some story where he slept with me, men who turned into monsters still fucking call and leave creepy messages, feminist issues come up and of course..as if I popped out of the womb with a vagina and thus an encyclopedic knowledge of all things woman-related I have to make cases and debate shit when fuck man, I just really want to drink this beer and talk about punk rock of the 70's.
There are times when I feel like guns are the answer.
There are times when I don't give a fuck how you grew up, what your socio-economic backgound is or blah blah I mean HOLY FUCKING HELL this is 2006 FIGURE IT OUT. You should really read some books, asshole. I did. Scientists clone ears on the backs of lab mice but I still can't walk around at night by myself without apparently begging to end up dead in a dumpster? I don't want to deal with this shit anymore. I don't want to shoulder this ancient cause and I don't want this bloody scythe of anger I have to swing through the masses of ignorant fucks just to get to the god damn grocery store! This sexist shit should be over, that rascist shit should be over, fuck it..we should just be working on space travel and organic edible teddy bears at this point. In general, I know that social change takes its geological time and the steps I make today are for the shoes of tommorow. I know that difficult steps were made for my shoes of today. and yes, I want to return the favor. But I get impatient. so there are times when I forget to feel compassion for this bullshit and really I just want you to die. If you don't get this shit then just die, fucker, die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home