Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Men are Talking at the Mall

Our biggest problem is that we have to chase after them.
The trick is to know: you’ll get her eventually.
Then you do and she’s just there-
wanting you to be honest
but honesty’s a prick with a big fat knife and trust is shredded lettuce.
So I tell her that I’m lonely
and I’m controlling my body.
my crooked crotch. my blunderbuss.
Then one day she makes her taco with shredded lettuce.
I tell her: “You little bitch, that smells so good.”
…her face looks old, then...a scrunched up paper bag…like she just smelled something foul
and it was you. I mean me.
So much for honesty.


You see those mannequins? I’ve got one at home
in the hall closet with all my vacuum attachments.
Of all the air-breathing ones, none is more adaptive than this one.
The mouth moves in and out.
You are free to choose your level of contentment.
After awhile,
the struggle stops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home